As we all know Christmas is right around the corner and here is how you can play on the Modern Warfare 2 Christmas shipment map.
To the delight of the community, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be hosting a holiday event.
Over the course of this event, Shipment, a recently added iconic map, will see a significant change focused on the holiday season.
To bring the Christmas theme to life, the mailing card is adorned with lights, wreaths, ribbons, snowmen, and other festive elements.
Shipment was recently added to Modern Warfare 2 with the Season 1 Reloaded update.
The Midseason Patch introduced the final map promised during the Season 1 content map roadmap.
Although the shipment map for the current title has undergone significant changes, the upcoming holiday event will take the map’s aesthetic to a whole new level.
How to play on Modern Warfare 2 Christmas shipment map
Shipment is a well-known Call of Duty map that originally appeared in the series with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in 2007.
Since then, the map has appeared in a large number of games, including COD: Vanguard, COD: WWII, and others.
It has now returned to the newest title in the franchise along with the update for Season 1 Reloaded. This time, the iconic map is on board a cargo ship overnight.
That being said, the map will be receiving a Christmas overhaul during the Modern Warfare 2 holiday event, which is just around the corner. Although players can avail it then, there’s a way for fans to explore the upcoming map right now. Here’s how you can do it:
- First, launch Call of Duty HQ and select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 from the home screen.
- From here, scroll down to the multiplayer section and click on ‘Private Match.’ The game will then ask if you wish to create a private match or join one. You must select the first option.
- Now, select any game mode from the list of available game modes.
- You must then wait for a few seconds until the lobby properly loads up. Once it’s fully loaded, you must access the Game Setup settings.
- Here, click on Map and scroll to the right, where you will find two Shipment map options. One of them will be the generic map, while the other will be the Christmas-themed Shipment. Select the Christmas-themed map.
- You can now head back to the lobby and click on ‘Start Match.’
They will now show up ahead of actual arrival on the Christmas delivery map. However, you should keep in mind that this is a private game. If you want to get active, invite your friends to your private lobby and start a game to enjoy this festive map.
That’s all there’s to know about playing the Christmas-themed Shipment map ahead of the holiday event. The highly anticipated event is expected to go live on December 21, 2022, and run until January 4, 2023. Apart from the Shipment changes, the event will also introduce the Klaus Operator to the game.