Does suddenly your screen share audio stop working in discord and not working again no matter what you do, if yes don’t worry. here is some fix that will help you to fix the screen share no audio bug.
- Read more: How To Add Roles In Discord – 2021
There is one problem which is trending among Discord users that is no audio bug during screen share time.
So here are some quick fixes for this no audio bug.
In this guide, we will show you some discord suggested fix but we also give some of our own suggestion that will work for sure.
Discord’s Suggested Fix
This tip for those who are facing the audio bug problem at the time of screen sharing. It will be a good option if we try this first because it is also suggested by the discord support page itself. If your Discord has been plagued by the no-audio bug, do the following:
- End your screen share session and refresh the Discord app by hitting Ctrl + R.
- Close your web browser and reopen it. Once opened, try playing audio in the browser first (Youtube is great for this) before your screen share session.
- Enable screen share and see if there is audio.
Try These Other Solutions to Fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working issue
You can try some other solutions listed here while waiting for the complete fix from the discord. These Different solutions works differently for different users, so work your way down the list and see what solves the problem for you.
Make Sure Discord Is Updated
Before trying these fixes make sure your discord update to the latest version.to update it manually.
- Open Discord.
- Look for the icon in your system tray.
- Right-click it, then select “Check for updates”.
When you are done with this, you can experiment with any of the solutions below.
Solution 1: Add The Program To Your Game Activity
- Go to your Discord user settings.
- Click on “Game Activity.” Then, on the window that appears, click “Add it!” beside the Not seeing your game? text.
- In the search box that appears, find the programs you’re having audio issues with and add them. Restart Discord and try screen sharing again.
Solution 2: Restart Your Computer
It is very simple, “have you ever tried turning it off and on again”. You will be surprised that a simple reboot can resolve many problems. When you restart your pc relaunch the discord app and try screen sharing again.
Solution 3: Launch Discord With Administrative Access
Running your discord as an administrator avoid restriction which is brought by your firewall. As with other programs, doing this can potentially fix issues you’ve been having.
To do this, right-click on the Discord icon on your desktop and select “Run as administrator.”
Solution 4: Adjust Discord Audio Settings
- Open your Discord user settings.
- Select Voice & Video.
- Under “Voice Settings,” make sure your input volume slider is not set to a low value.
- If the problem persists up to this point, you can also switch the input mode to “Push to Talk.” By default, Discord’s screen sharing automatically recognizes audio inputs from your microphone or sounds from the apps you’re sharing. “Push to Talk” means you manually toggle a button in screen share mode before audio can be transmitted.
If Discord is having trouble recognizing audio input automatically, this might be a workaround for that.
- If none of these work, scroll down to the bottom and choose “Reset Voice Settings.” This would reset all audio settings back to default, so it’s worth a try.
Solution 5: Update Your Audio Drivers
If you don’t have the latest drivers issue also caused by this. If you’re on Windows, follow the steps below to update your audio drivers manually.
- Go to your Windows search bar (Windows key + S)and search for “Device Manager.”
- Once the Device Manager window is open, expand the “Sound, video and game controllers” selection. A list of all associated audio hardware will be available.
- Right-click, then select “Update Driver.” In the next window that appears, select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Once Windows has finished updating, restart your system and try screen sharing in Discord again.
Solution 6: Clear Discord Cache
Modern programs create a cache folder in your computer’s roaming data directory to optimize performance the more you use the program. The constant creation of temporary files may be what corrupts your Discord data and leads to audio issues.
Follow these steps to clear your roaming data for Discord:
- Exit Discord. In your desktop, press Windows key + R to bring up the Run function.
- In the search box, type %appdata% and hit Enter.
- In the window that opens, right-click on the “Discord” folder and hit Delete.
It’s important to note that deleting this folder will not negatively impact your program. Discord will automatically create another folder in the same location the next time you run it, only this time, the cache will be a fresh one.
Solution 7: Re-install Discord
If you don’t satisfy any of the problem that is mention above,it may be worth re-installing Discord itself. In Windows 10, uninstalling apps is a breeze.
Just follow the directions below:
- In the Notification Panel of the taskbar, click “All Settings.”
- Go to “Apps.”
- In the Apps window, type “Discord” in the search bar. Once it shows in the selection, click it and choose “Uninstall.”
- Go to the official Discord page in your web browser and download the latest version. Launch the installer and follow the instructions.
- With a fresh installed Discord, try screen sharing once again.
So, here are all the steps that you can perform to Fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not working Issue – 2021. The no-audio issue when screen sharing in Discord is more likely a problem with incompatibility with Discord’s audio infrastructure. The best scenario would be for the Discord team to release a patch that completely rids users of this problem.