In this step-by-step guide, we will show you how you can enable Twitch Drops for OVerwatch 2 by following a couple of steps.
With Overwatch 2 officially available to all players around the world, Blizzard is celebrating the launch of the shooter by allowing players to earn incredible loot via Twitch Drops.
There are many things that fans can get their hands on which including cosmetic content for the game.
One of the most coveted loots that many seek to acquire is the Sukajan Kiriko skin, a legendary cosmetic
Developers are allowing community members to buy it completely free, but only for a limited time and they can only get it between October 7th, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. PT to October 16, 2022 at 11:59 PM PT.
Interested fans must set up and activate Twitch Drops for Overwatch 2 in order to receive the Drops.
So today’s guide goes over how players can enable Twitch Drops in OVerwatch 2 and acquire some of the amazing cosmetic loot the shooter has to offer.
Steps to Enable Twitch Drops in Overwatch 2
Getting Twitch Gifts in Overwatch 2 isn’t exactly difficult, as players just need to link their Battle.net account to their Twitch account.
Players who have already done this for Overwatch 1 may already be aware of the process and will need to do it again in the Blizzard sequel.
To connect the two accounts, players will be required to:
- Sign in to the Battle.net account which they use to play Overwatch 2, and then make their way to the Connections page of the Account Settings on the website. They will need to scroll to the bottom to find an entry for Twitch. Clicking on the Connect button will automatically take them to the Twitch site.
- Here, players will be required to sign in once again and confirm their details. It’s important to fill in the right account credentials, as players will be forced to wait for seven days if they wish to swap in a different account. Afterward, players will need to go through all the confirmation pages, which will include the ones taking them back to the Battle.net site.
- After Twitch Drops are set up and enabled for Overwatch 2, getting drops and cosmetic loot is something that players will easily be able to do. Every time that there is an event, fans will simply need to tune in to watch Twitch streams of the game, and they will get drops based on their view time.
- Currently, players will be able to get Kiriko’s legendary skin and the voice line “I take care of my friends” from October 7, 2022, to October 16, 2022, at 11:59 pm PT. Obtaining the former requires a watch time of at least six hours, while the latter requires two hours.
- Additionally, between October 17, 2022, 11:00 am PT to October 24, 2022, 12:00 am PT players will be able to get the Razor Sharp Kiriko spray for two hours of watch time and the Donut weapon charm for five hours of watch time.
It’s important to note here that after earning drops, Overwatch 2 players must claim them.
They need to click on their profile icon on Twitch and go to Drops where they can find all the items claimed in the inventory tab.
After that, the items will appear in your game account within 24 hours.