Overwatch 2 is just around the corner and players are speculating how they can connect their Overwatch 2 account with the original Overwatch in this article we will be covering just that for you guys.
Overwatch 2 Season 1 is upon us. The game is releasing on October 4th, will reveal three cool new heroes, as well as tons of in-game accessories and features.
Players will receive new hero poses, unique voice acting, and mythical skins for Legendary players, among many other additions, including a new improved Push mode.
The new push mode, which debuts on Tuesday, was announced more than three years ago.
Overwatch players can finally check it out.
In addition, Overwatch 2’s cross-progression mechanic allows players to connect their original Overwatch 1 account progression with their new Overwatch 2 accounts.
Whether users are playing on PC or Nintendo Switch, they can continue their match progress with their original profile.
Here’s a quick guide on how to merge Overwatch accounts.
How to merge Overwatch 2 account with the original
Heroes of Overwatch is making a big return this week on October 4th. Players must merge their accounts to keep previously purchased original heroes, their cool skins, and other unlockables.
Follow the steps below to continue using your Overwatch skins in new overwatch 2:
- Boot up the old version of Overwatch.
- Log in using your credentials.
The next step involves linking your Battle.net account to the desired console game profile.
Once logged in, follow these steps:
- Click on the Options menu.
- Find the “Link Account” option and click it.
- Scan the QR code that appears on the device.
Once the QR code is scanned, users will be prompted to log in to their Battle.net account.
Now follow these simple steps:
- Fill in the necessary Battle.net log-in credentials.
- Once logged in, click the profile option and choose the “Account Merge” option.
- Fill in the required credentials asked one last time, make sure all details are correct, and proceed towards merging accounts.
- Repeat the same process to merge on every separate platform or console.
Note: Players can merge Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch accounts.
However, they cannot merge three of the same types of consoles with one Battle.net profile.
Overwatch 2: Road to Season 1
With merged accounts, players don’t have to worry about losing some of their memories from the original Overwatch game, collected in the form of a gallery of heroes, cool skins, Overwatch tokens, achievements, stats, and skills.
The best part is that players can now pre-download the game.
The process has already started on September 30th on Xbox, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch.
Additionally, players who purchase the premium Battle Pass option will immediately receive new support hero Kiriko on their team.
Moreover, the Premium Pass grants players a host of free unlockable rewards, including the following:
- 20% XP Battle Pass Boost
- 1 Mythic skin
- 5 Legendary skins and 1 Epic skin
- 3 “Play of the Game” intros
- 4 weapon charms
- 3 emotes
- 3 souvenirs
- 6 poses
- 6 name cards
- 30 + cosmetic rewards
Overwatch 2 system requirements
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit|
|CPU||Intel Core i3 or AMD Phenom X3 8650|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 series, AMD Radeon HD 7000 series|
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit|
|CPU||Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 5|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD R9 380|
How to pre-load Overwatch 2?
- Open “My games and apps” from the Xbox home screen.
- Select “Games”.
- Find Overwatch 2 and select it.
- Press “A” to open the installation menu.
- Select “Manage installation on Internal”.
- If OW 2 is available for pre-download you will be able to checkmark “will install”.
- Select “Save changes” and OW 2 will start downloading.
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded.