Fortnite v12.61 update: early patch note, release time and what to expect, here is everything we know about the upcoming v12.61 update.
Fortnite 12.61 is going to be a big update, why? because there is much new
content and bugs fix on the line, The Doomsday event which is set to start
on May 30 then, the aim assists bug fix, End of Season 2 and many more.
What else to expect from this update? there has been numerous
leaks since the last v12.60 update, will this update confirm all of them?, there
are also many bug fixes on the line which Epic is supposed to release with
Fortnite v12.61 update release date?
Epic announced that the next update will be rolled out on Tuesday, May 26 at 2 AM ET (6AM UTC, 7AM BST, 4PM AEST, 11:30AM IST).
As always the matchmaking will stop 25-30 mintues before the patch release.
Uptime depends upon the patch size.
Fortnite v12.61 early update patch notes
Aim Assist nerf
Epic Games is finally nerfing the aim assist, On May 20 developers officially
revealed that they will be looking into overall power of aim assist while
playing with a controller on PC. At that time FNCS was going on and developers
did not want to roll out this change before the series ends.
Finally the FNCS is all wrapped up and developers may nerf the aim assist with this patch update.
Why we care so much about Aim Assist?
Aim Assist is such a big topic that many pro players and streamers has
openly announced that they will not play the game until it is fixed,
Mixer Star Ninja says “it is an Aimbot” while FNWC winner Bugha says “I will not play the game until it is fixed”.
Doomsday Device Details update
We believe that Epic will shed more light on the upcoming Doomsday event,
one recent leak also reveals that there is a new terrain underneath The Agency
where the doomsday device is supposed to be finally placed.
According to leaks from data miner HYPEX, Fortnite will trigger three “event flags” before the Doomsday event kicks off on May 30.
The hatches around The Agency is also now activated.
Loserfruit icon series cosmetic & skin
With Ninja, Pokimane and many other streamers already getting their in-game
skins and cosmetics through Fortnite Icon series, next on the line is Australian
- Read more: How to increase FPS in Fortnite PC/PS4/Xbox?
The skin features Belsten in bright tie-dye from legs to toe, rocking a pink baseball cap, a hoodie, leggings, and pink sneakers. It also comes with an accompanying “Fruit Punchers” emote and a “Bounce Berry” backbling.
Bug fixes in Fortnite v12.61 patch
These are some of the bug fixes on the line for this week update.
- Reports of server performance issues.
- Emotes playing over Main Stage music in Party Royale.
- ‘Lock Input Method as Mouse’ does not lock the input method.
- Midas’ Golden Touch does not change items gold.
- Numbers not changing on sports-themed Outfits.
- Support-A-Creator dashboard display issue.
- Windows 7 stability issue.
- Unable to refund Dragacorn Glider.
- Party Assist for Missions temporarily unavailable.
- Replays not saving.
- Split Screen: Game freezes when leaving party on Xbox One.
- Unable to matchmake when Splitscreen’d after trying to join Creative.
- Hit Indicators showing wrong direction.
- Players stuck on black screen in Operation: Infiltration.
- Dragacorn Glider temporarily disabled in competitive playlists.
- Riot Control Baton Pickaxe temporarily disabled.
Well, this was all, keep in mind this is just early patch notes meaning the final patch update will have some changes from this patch note.