Worry not we got some easy and effective method which will install and run your discord very easily.
There are some effective steps given below to follow these steps to solving error on the discord.
Fix 1: Delete Discord Files In Localappdata & Appdata
For running properly our discord we have to delete discord file from the pc because discord stores some temporary data on pc for better performance but our understanding shays that it become cause errors to cop up. For doing this thing follow steps given below.
- To begin with, close Discord by accessing the Task Manager (right-click on the Taskbar and select ‘’Task Manager’’, then select the Discord process and click on ‘’End Task’’).
- Next, right-click on the Windows start menu icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the desktop.
- In the contextual menu that just appeared, select ”Run.”
- In the small ”Run” window in the bottom left-hand corner, enter ”%appdata%” into the empty field and click on the ”Run” button below.
- In the Windows Explorer window that opens, locate the folder named ”Discord”. Right-click on the folder and click ”Delete” in the contextual list.
- Return to the Start menu and load up ‘’Run’’ once more.
- Type ‘’%localappdata%’’ in the field and hit ‘’Run’’.
- Find the ‘’Discord’’ folder and delete it by right-clicking on it and then selecting ‘’Delete’’.
- Relaunch the Discord setup file and follow the steps provided by the installation wizard.
Fix 2: Whitelist Discord Installation Files In Your Antivirus Software
One file that is commonly flagged as potentially dangerous by antivirus software is the ”discord_voice” application-specific approximate recovery file. To bypass an overeager antivirus, we need to whitelist the files it is picking up and quarantining.
the process may differs for different software, so we are foing to use the free and popular antivirus which is Avast for giving a best example.
- Open up Avast by right-clicking on the Avast icon in the system tray and selecting “Open Avast user interface” from the list that appears.
- Once open, click on the “Protection” section among the options running down the left of the Avast window.
- Click on ”Virus Chest” to the right. Any quarantined files will show up here.
- Locate any files associated with Discord – they’re fairly easy to identify because they start with ”discord_” or a similar variant in most cases.
- Click on the three dots that appear when hovering over the files and select ”Restore and add exception” from the contextual list.
- Do this for each of the files.
- Restart the Discord installation process.
Do not facing problem in the future you have yet to install discord ,we are required to add some folders that containing Discord setup executable as an exception in Avast. for doing this because the process of installation can complete uninterrupted without any files being unexpectedly sentenced to the Avast Virus Chest quarantine.
- Open up Avast as above.
- Click on the ”Menu” icon among the options in the top right of the Avast window and select “Settings” from the drop-down list.
- Click the ”General” section on the left.
- Under General, select ”Exceptions” from the options on the left.
- Click ”Add Exception” and type in/browse to the location of the folder containing the Discord installer.
- Click ”Add Exception”.
- Launch the Discord setup executable.
Fix 3: Uninstall & Reinstall Discord
- To start, right-click on the Windows Start menu icon and select ‘’Search’’ from the drop-down menu.
- In the search field, type ‘’Control Panel’’ and then click on the first result of the same name in the result field above.
- In the Control Panel, click on the highlighted ‘’Uninstall a program’’ text located just below the ‘’Programs’’ icon.
- Find Discord among the list of programs, click on it and then click the ‘’Uninstall’’ button at the top of the list.
- Once uninstalled, right-click on the Start menu and select ‘’Run’’.
- Type ‘’%appdata%’’ and click ‘’Run’’.
- Find the Discord folder and delete it.
- Open up ‘’Run’’ once more, search for ‘’%localappdata%’’, and delete the Discord folder.
- Visit the Discord website and download the latest version of the app here.
- Double-click on the downloaded executable file and follow the steps of the installation wizard.
We hope all of you are able to run discord without facing any problem after following the above steps. If you ever face this problem again try fixes again.
Comments are closed.